Wednesday, October 23, 2019

a thought on my last flight

I want you to find me in every situation, 
in every chaos,
in every dream and reality,
whenever you’re drunk,
or when you’re sober and wide awake.

You once said, “don’t make it a fuss, it’s only a one-way plane”.
You seem to make everything so simple and it affects me in a way I’ve never imagine that leaving could be this easier.
The long good-bye hug that night,
Our last awkward handshake at the airport,
with both of our understanding look,
Knowing where to find each other in the future.

Here’s to our good memories and our bad,
To our inside jokes and the ones we never quite got,
And to all the what-ifs we had and all the plans we made.

As I looked down to the skies on my window plane,
wondering if you’re staring at the same sky.

I’m glad we’ve finally found the good in our goodbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |